Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Another One Bites The Dust

            I received another rejection email from a job I interviewed for.  That’s a total of over 100 jobs I have applied for since December.  It’s only the second request for an interview though.  I’m not sure if that makes it better, or worse.  I don’t think anything can make being rejected feel much better in the moment it happens.  It sucks.  I’m being passed up once again, because I have all this knowledge and no practical application of it.  No real experience of any kind where employment is concerned.  It seems impossible to get any, if no one will allow me the opportunity to gain some.
            Another company called me last week to schedule an interview.  I go tomorrow.  Not sure if I really want the job.  It does not require a Master’s degree or any real experience, theoretical or otherwise, so I doubt it will push me and allow me to grow as a professional.  I’ll most likely spend my days answering as many phone calls as is humanly possible in a 9 to 5.  But it’s a paycheck.  It means I’m one step closer to a down payment on a van.  A chance to have my own place again.  Independence.  I have to get the job first, so I refuse to hold too much hope just yet.

            We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment