Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just A Thought


            I’ve been working on my book a lot lately.  Trying to, anyway, in between actually working and attempting a social life.  I’ve been rummaging through memories in my head.  Remembering moments I have forgotten and missed, and some I have forgotten and longed never to encounter again.  But if I’m going to show people my life, I have to show them all of the most important parts that have helped make me who I am today.
It’s unfortunate to have experienced certain levels of hurt.  To know you were once in a place so dark, no light seemed possible.  There was a time when I couldn’t understand why I was given this life, even with all the beauty around me.  I couldn’t see the changes I was making being who I was, because I was too consumed with fighting it. But I am a beautiful person with a purpose or two in this world, and while I would like to forget these moments, I know they would be better remembered to help others through their own.
Writing is a bit of a struggle sometimes.  One minute I’m hitting roadblocks around every corner, trying to find the right words to capture my readers; the next, I feel like I don’t have enough time to get a thought written down before it escapes me.  Or I’ll be right in the middle of one thought, when I have to write myself a note on another before I forget it.  It’s a huge undertaking, to write your life out for the world to see.  But I’m learning a lot about myself in the process.  And if I can help at least one person to accept themself and be proud of who they are, then it’s all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment